View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
WE (the die hard Beatle fans) know who wrote what, it makes no difference to me whose name is first.
However, I find it stupid that such a deal that they had for so long has to be broken now... Why not sticking to the original songwriting credits, even if they are not always accurate. Sure, John didn't care, but it is a sign of... I don't know how to call it... respect? Less confusion? Whatever. I am a die hard Beatles fan, and I can always recognize (except for a couple of cases like "Every Little Thing") who wrote the song, or when they did a collaboration... so I like more the Lennon/McCartney songwriting credits and I feel that those things should not be touched. Period.

Quote:
Nowadays, the contributions that Harrison & Starr gave to the "Lennon/McCartney" songs would be enough for a co-write credit, but they've never really PUBLICLY said anything to that fact. How many songs & titles have been credited to being utterings by Ringo (the Yogi Berra of the Beatles) without Ringo getting any monetary reward for such (i.e. "A HArd Day's Night", etc).
To name but a couple of cases, if one's looking through that point of view, "We Can Work It Out" should be a McCartney/Harrison tune (since George suggested how the middle-eight should be played), and "Tomorrow Never Knows" should also feature Ringo's name since he suggested the title...

Song of the moment - The Ledge