View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
CAH has the right to tell her story, certainly, freedom of expression, absolutely, and we can't take that away from her. But having the right to do it doesn't mean that it's something she ought to do, or make it appropriate or fair (?) or any less of a disloyal act.

Just my €0.02!

I think you also make a fair point. Alls I can do is speculate, unless you want to take her at her word on the introduction, as I mentioned earlier, on page XV. Here's one guess. Maybe for her it's theraputic. Sure, to many fans Lindsey's songs, interviews, money made that visit their relationship were cloaked. But it wasn't to Carol Ann Harris, probably not to her family, her friends, those in the band, those associates that she's had. Maybe she felt humiliated. And as she said, she wants to set the record straight. Again, you can go back into the circular argument of "why now." If she intended to put this book out, should she have done it when Fleetwood Mac was at it's most famous state? The end of Tango, during Mirage? Should she wait until the children are grown? IF one can believe the book was part of her own therapy, a part of her own healing, it probably doens't matter when she puts it out. It's out. She doesn't have to be loyal to her abuser. That's part of the healing, I think.