View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
I stand by what I said. The woman has no morals. Excuses are meant to justify the unjustifiable. If you can't support a kid you shouldn't have them and there is no excuse for "accidental" pregnancies. I never wanted children and so I never got pregnant. Abstinence does work, and so does birth control. But you have to take responsibility for your body and educate yourself on how to effectively use it; especially if you can not afford to have a child.

Back in the 1970s, when I was in college, I didn't rely on the doctor at Planned Parenthood to educate me on how to avoid pregnancies, I went to the library and did my research. I wanted to have fun, travel, finish college and start a career so I "controlled" myself. And, I continued that practice all during my reproductive years as a married career woman and avoided accidents that way. Preventive medicine is always "less costly" than curative.

Responsible people know that, they alone, are accountable for their actions/behavior. That is what growing up is all about. If CA had been a minor at the time, I could have understood, her giving the child up for adoption so that she could finish school and establish herself in a legitimate career. But she had already left home, was shacking up with a man she hardly new (before moving in with him) and was un-apologetically engaging in felonious activities just to pay the rent and pay for her cigarettes.

Women like her make me ashamed of my own gender.

holy crap. get off your f*ckin high horse. or else ride it on out of here. you have no right to lecture or judge - either her or anyone here.

you had clearly already made up your mind about CAH before you read this book. fine. i don't care about that. but truly, how exactly can you prove she is anymore wrong, than you can prove she is right?

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.