View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Wha?? Where did I say LB never wrote a song about CA? I said GI wasn't ONLY about CA. There is a "you" and a "she" in that song...obviously two woman. I think there are songs about CA...Caroline, I Must Go, Goodbye Angel, etc. I think there are songs about Cheri as well. I do not think Tango in the Night is about CA though because he had moved on to someone else at that point. NGBA is about Windy Sails AND Stevie. I am not sure what your point was about me not thinking any songs are about CA, cause I never said that.
My mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Comparing what SnL do onstage and off to play up their relationship is not even remotely the same. CA is an old, scorned ex girlfriend. Whether SnL ficticiously play up things or not, is not the point......they are not writing tell all books about each other just to make a buck. CA did just that..she is not an artist who is expressing herself through lyrics or music.
No, it is the same - apparently to me and many others because they are not doing it just through the music. They are perpetuating it (the romance, the hey day, etc. ) during interviews and rote movements onstage to make a buck and to sell what is not really that saleable anymore without it - and they know it. So, I say if they can comment in that genre on that era and all that went on, so can Carol Ann, no matter how wrong her memory may be. After all, she was there and it is her story to tell as well. I mean certainly all of FM has misremembered more than one detail and certainly they all have said things out of spite born in scorn But, to each their own.

Interestingly, if Carol Ann had praised La Nicks and LB - even if untrue - I do not think we would be having this conversation.

I get the sense you just hate her and she can do nothing right. But and again, to each their own

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 07-06-2007 at 09:49 AM..