View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I think some people took that BTM as a slam on Carol Ann. Ditto for La Nicks - but I did not.

But, I am mostly talking about LB's songs allegedly about Carol Ann. But, I think you think LB never wrote a song about Carol Ann, so that point is moot on you

My other point is LB and La Nicks, esp., love to talk about the drug days and the craziness that went on. So, why should Carol Ann be prohibited from doing the same? She was there after all. And, LB has directly referenced her in his BTM.

Is Carol Ann mudslinging? I think so. But, I recorgnize it is her right to do so because it is the story of her life at that time.

On edit - LB and La Nicks are very careful to promote their loved starved relationship -- it plays well to the masses. So, they are not really going to slam each other too much in public. Rather, they ficticiously play up the sentiment on stage and the crowd eats it up.

Wha?? Where did I say LB never wrote a song about CA? I said GI wasn't ONLY about CA. There is a "you" and a "she" in that song...obviously two woman. I think there are songs about CA...Caroline, I Must Go, Goodbye Angel, etc. I think there are songs about Cheri as well. I do not think Tango in the Night is about CA though because he had moved on to someone else at that point. NGBA is about Windy Sails AND Stevie. I am not sure what your point was about me not thinking any songs are about CA, cause I never said that.

Comparing what SnL do onstage and off to play up their relationship is not even remotely the same. CA is an old, scorned ex girlfriend. Whether SnL ficticiously play up things or not, is not the point......they are not writing tell all books about each other just to make a buck. CA did just that..she is not an artist who is expressing herself through lyrics or music.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey