View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Years after their break-up she is saying Stevie was still jealous and tried to come between them. That she couldn't accept Carol was with Lindsey. But Stevie didn't care in the least that Lindsey was apparantly very sick? Either she exaggerated just how bad his condition was, she painted Stevie in a wrong picture or she downplayed the concern, but something is not adding up there. But I got that feeling concerning a lot of things.
Exactly! And that you for bringing that up. I meant to flesh that out in my post. If Stevie was so protective of her relationship with Lindsey, then why the hell is she painted as this uncaring, numb person during a traumatic moment? I know that it's likely that Stevie and Lindsey played up their breakup, but whether they did or not isn't the point here. The point is - their breakup was pretty fierce. It resonated between them for years. I can't accept that Stevie, no matter how pissed she was with him, wouldn't show a modicum of concern. That she was so far removed from the trauma - that Mick, John, Chris and the rest of the entourage were hanging by the door concerned (for selfish reasons perhaps, but they were still there), that the only time she gave a flying fig was when she told Carol about how her dog was spazzing and she didn't know what to do? That's all? I'm not saying Stevie is a saint. I know there was some bad blood between her and Lindsey, but I feel that something was missing here. Something doesn't add up. Or perhaps Stevie was so high at the time that she really floated in another world. Or perhaps Carol wasn't privy to a few behind the scenes moments when Stevie was indeed concerned about Lindsey and came by - while Carol was running around in her bare feet looking for a pharmacist all over Washington DC.

Last edited by Boots; 07-05-2007 at 03:01 PM..