View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
In the end, she was there and it is her story to tell - just like FM tells that same story.

Now - whether the stuff she says is true - who knows. But, I know this, if she had lied in any significant way, FM's people, esp. La Nicks' people, would crush her to death. Look at how La Nicks' herself openly said she
d "bury" Mick if he libeled her in his book.
Yes, and you know, the thing is, there is hardly anything shocking in it, so my guess is that it definitely went through a few lawyers' hands first. There are some funny anecdotes, but all the drug/party/other excesses stories were all things everybody already knew about. I just have trouble believing all the little details she presents, because there are far too many inaccuracies throughout the book that make it hard for me to take the rest as gospel truth also. For starters, I doubt the accuracy of all the conversations she brings up. Unless she recorded every single one and they are on tape somewhere, it's quite hard to believe she remembered every single word that was said 30 years ago. So that encourages my belief that a lot of stuff was exaggerated and/or embellished, which goes hand in hand with all the over the top romantic and dramatic parts. Like she rewrote a few dialogues to fit them into her 19th century romance novel.