View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since David did a great run down of all three nights, I'll just add some of my personal moments.

Rapid City - I had second row right between Brett and Lindsey which is my favorite spot. The two best parts of this evening were when Lindsey came over and started yelling something at me during the guitar solo on GYOW. All I could hear was him screaming "Forth Row!" which made no sense at all. Then he leaned in more to me and said it again...this time I heard him correctly, "Fort Worth!" He recognized from the DVD. So, folks, he's been working on it quite a bit. He came up to me after the song, grabbed both my hands and said, "You're all over that DVD. It's great to see you again." The second best part of the evening was being able to spend some quality time with him in the hotel lobby joking around and laughing. Such a GREAT guy and we talked about a bunch of stuff. At one point he leaned over to me and said, "I really wanted to smash a guitar tonight," with that Lindsey grin. Of course, I freaked and begged him to sometime during Sioux Fall or Fargo since those were the only shows I had left. He said that he didn't get the vibe with doing it in a theatre setting, so I mentioned that Fargo was a bar venue...(Read David's Fargo post, he defintiely tried and I thought it was really cool of him) The rest of the evening was spent hanging with Brett and Wally who are two of the greatest guys as well.

Sioux Falls - The hammered drunk lady situation David mentioned happened right in front of me. SO annoying. I was second row between Neale and Lindsey this night. This DRUNK (like don't light a match around her) chick comes out of no where and swoops to the stage screaming at Lindsey at how wonderful he is. Now, this is not unusual at shows. What was unusual was that he was trying to start Big Love and usually he has a second or two of quiet...she wasn't giving to him AT ALL. She just kept talking and talking so he finally came over, kneeled down and played into it. He handled it well. So, she apparently knew the ladies that actually had the seats in front of me. They proceed to give him their Buckingham Nicks album to sign while he's listening to the crazy lady. He graciously signs it and then they proceed to take their permanent sharpie and draw on his pants. WTF? Lindsey was visibly annoyed, pulled away and finally just started the show up again. Why do people feel the need to ruin his jeans? That night was another great night of hanging with Brett and Neale. Lindsey spent a little time with us...enough for us to mention the guitar smash again. Super guys!

Fargo - This was the best for me though the show was insane with fights or threats and pushy drunk people. Back between Brett and Lindsey, very front of the stage!! Amazing spot to be in IMHO. We got all the kick ass solos played right to our faces. He even let us play the guitar during "I'm So Afraid" as well as "GYOW". I noticed the black guitar being played for "GYOW" too so I knew he was going to smash it for us (or attempt to ). Great guy for doing that. "Holiday Road" was extra sexy as he hept moaning and saying "I like it doggie style!" (I know, I'm sick). We got lots of attention that night and he even said a special thanks to all of us who have been to multiple shows. Then as David said, after the show, we knew the band was jetting off to the airport and security had kept us back quite a bit. We were just wanting to wave them out. But Brett, Neale, and Lindsey all went out of their way to come out to us individually as they left the venue to give out plenty of hugs and thank you's before hopping in the truck. They didn't have to do that and it made it extra special for us!

Those guys go above and beyond...stuff they don't have to do and I really feel like they mean it. Talk about class acts!

Here are a few pictures that I took.

Shot at 2007-07-03
David and me at Mt. Rushmore

Shot at 2007-07-03
David planting a wet one on the Wall Drug Jackalope.

Shot at 2007-07-03
I decided to mount the damn thing.

Shot at 2007-07-03

Shot at 2007-07-03