View Single Post
Old 11-13-2002, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I probably will not go see FM on this next tour. I went to the "Shake The Cage" tour and "The Dance" tour, as well as seeing Stevie solo a couple of times, (as well as bunches of other concerts) and I just think I've had it with the "big arena show thing". At the risk of sounding like Roger Waters, I just think the big show thing is too remote. For one thing, in the huge arena, since interaction with the audience is VERY limited, so it seems like there's no real room for spontanaiety. All they have is the script. I guess they could jam a bit, but they don't!

And since I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars to a scalper or ticket broker, I usually end up with mediocre seats. This means that, despite my greatest intentions, most of the experience is about the drunk guy in back of me or the silly Stevie wannabe next to me, or the-friend-of-the-FM-fan-that-isn't-really-a-fan-himself-who-got -dragged-to-the-concert-and-won't shut-up in front of me. And since the real action is half a football field away from me, unfortunately, it often can't overcome the idiocy in my immediate vicinity. This in addition to the total cost (never simple as just the ticket), the hassle of dealing with thousands of people, God forbid a girl has to pee...I'm just too old for this crap anymore, and the experience is invariably a disappointment. All this is made worse by the way Lindsey spoiled me for his Out of the Cradle tour. Small venue, total immersion in the concert experience, and Lindsey actually conversing with and reacting to the audience! That's what I want from a concert these days, and I won't settle for less!

Of course, this means I'll probably never see FM in concert again, but that's OK. I would, however, pay to see any of them in a small venue. That's the stuff, man!

Take on the situation but not the torment