View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I imagine she had one of those moments we all have, where we think, "you know, as much as I say 'I wish I had done this or that,' if I REALLY wanted to, I would have made it happen somehow."
Yes, I agree with that, but I sometimes wonder if she really could make it happen. I'm not talking about her lifestyle/career perse, but maybe biologically? There's that mysterious 'I lost four', which could mean abortion, but also miscarriage. And the way she was so hellbent on raising Matthew after Robin died, going as far as marrying a guy she didn't even love. I get there was a lot of grief there, but I somehow sense it was about something more. When that idealized notion of a perfect family, the hubby and the kids, didn't work out like she had always dreamed, she bailed completely. It took a long time before she even had the slightest bit of contact with Matthew again. If she wanted to take care of Matthew because of Robin there wouldn't have been a need for all the drastic measures she took. So it maybe was a combination of those two things, that she somehow couldn't conceive and/or that she really wanted a family, not like say, Sheryl Crow, single and adopting.