View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I remember that. She was jealous of the fact that he and Chris could work together and that their voices were so compatible, she felt left out. On the other hand it's understandable that she was insecure, after all they were after Lindsey and only because of him saying:"You need to take my gf too or else there's no deal" she was in. It's probably why she referred to herself to Fleetwood Mac's "extra housecat"
Yes, that had certainly to do with a lot of things on a professional level, but on a personal level also. Here's the quote I was talking about:

"The worst time really for me was, when we were doing that first album, was that Lindsey had been writing World Turning and I really wanted... I was his girlfriend too, you know, so you’ve got to realize that made me extra sensitive. And I really wanted to help with the song and he turned away completely and asked Chris. And that was the worst night of me being in Fleetwood Mac, because I went out to the parking lot and sat in the car and cried because I couldn’t figure out why he would tell me no and tell her yes. And it wasn’t even Christine, it was Lindsey that I was really bummed with, because I was so hurt. Then I realized as the days and weeks went on after that, that if we were going to do this, I was going to have to share him a little bit. And I was going to have to back off, because Christine certainly, of all people, didn’t want to cause any trouble between Lindsey and me. Just her as a musician and singer and a really nice lady that was becoming a friend of Lindsey’s, probably the kind of friend that I never was, nor will I ever be... he could accept her in a lot of ways that he couldn’t accept me. Because I loved her, it was alright. If I hadn’t had liked Christine, it would have been impossible. I would have had to leave, because I would have been so jealous."

Quote:
It couldn't have been easy for either of them. The only footage I have of Lindsey flaunting his gf (CAH) in front of Stevie are the Rumours doc tapes in Japan and I was like:"I would've killed him... her... both". I'm sure it was the same for him when she was dating. Like they always say:"When you break up with somebody you don't see them the next day" but they had to work together...... How they got through that, is a mystery to me.
I hear ya. I would never have been able to do it. I would definitely have been the person that went "you, sit in the back", like Stevie was towards CAH on that plane.

Last edited by danax6; 05-23-2007 at 06:53 PM..