View Single Post
Old 11-07-2002, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She can cram more words into a phrase and make it come out sounding really good.
Again, a matter of opinion...that's exactly what I can't STAND about her...she can't sing a line to match what's going on musically to save her ever widening ass. It's been that way since the mid-80's; she got worse & worse as the years went on. (the further & further away from Lindsey she got) She made a slight turn for the better on TISL (maybe has something to do with that 3 of the songs were old BN tunes that Lindsey helped create way back when). I'm interested to hear her new (using the word "new" loosely) tunes and the phrasing she'll use under the watchful eye of Mr. Buckingham this time out.

Quote:
And I've seen the commentary on these boards about "Come." It's definitely one of those songs that you hate or love. {edit} I like the musical approach, but I don't like all the screaming
Count me as a "hater". The song is pure guitar masturbation; yeah, there's some great guitar TONES...but, as a "song", it's ka-ka...there's no structure whatsoever; it starts nowhere, goes nowhere and by the end, I have to celebrate that it's FINALLY over...once I've gotten through yakking.

Just assume that when the new album is released and I finally nab a copy, if "Come" is indeed included, it will get one listen...if it even resembles what was leaked out with the GOS tune; that's it...it'll therefore forever get skipped. I just pray to the "big guy" that it's not in their concert set next summer...just might have to use it as my "beer & potty break".