View Single Post
Old 11-07-2002, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Try 'disturbing' not 'intriguing. Are you fgor (sic) real...

Um...YEAH! Neither Lindsey nor Stevie have been breaking new ground with their writing...Lindsey retreading sounds ("Twist Of Fate" being a knock-off of "Second Hand News"; "Murrow" taking bits & pieces of "World Turning" & "I'm So Afraid", etc); Stevie going back & using 30 year old songs, why NOT see what can be done with somebody else's songs? I'd rather hear some creativity from them doing a GREAT job covering tunes (case in point: the four Stones covers and Donovan's "Try For The Sun" from GOS) than to hear them do their own material poorly. ("COME" being the glaring example...pure doo-doo!) Sure, 98% of GOS is really good "as is"; but, other than "Red Rover" & the title cut, there's not a whole lot of new ground covered on GOS, either.

I've been kind of ho-hum about this new album, but the more I hear about it, the more excited I am to finally have it in my grubby little hands.