View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Gee...conflicting reports. Venue states one hour before show...people at the event reporting to the press 5:30. What time were the doors to open...what time was the show to start? I wonder why it was last minute...maybe time was spent trying to work it out?
While I didn't see any reports of 5:30 myself, I'll take your word for it. I see you know exactly what he was doing during the time anyway so I'm really not needed. But I will say that on Monday, doors opened at 7:30pm and at about 7:35, security told us we couldn't go in yet because he was still on stage soundchecking.
Quote:
I wonder why Lindsey took the time to sound check songs? Maybe he TRIED to make it work with their equipment and found it did not? Oh sure Lindsey would have wanted people fcking with his music through the Grosier system. You may want to do your homework...take a gander how the sound is manipulated with that system.
Obviously, since this was the first soundcheck he ever did, he was just trying to work with their awful equipment and tweak it juts right so he made everyone happy. Oh, and please, enlighten us with how the sound is technically manipulated. I would love to hear your knowledge of the subject presented in your usual dignified, elegant manner.
Quote:
Lindsey obviously didn't know about the equipment restriction or he WOULD have selected another venue.
Another blanket statement, much like your so called "fact" earlier, that is not only completely unprovable, but as far as I'm concerned, more than likely false. They are not secretive about it. The Grozier website even lists them as a user of their system, which they probably wouldn't if it was a secret.
Quote:
When you are a musician of Lindsey's stature, get back to us with how you would handle the situation...dogpony show? maybe pull a rabbit out of your ...? oh yeah I would LOVE to see that.
Your maturity and grace is truly something to behold.