View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
So, by your statement statement, you feel he should have hung all night trying to work it out, "on with the show" no matter the equipment issues? The ultimate responsbility is on the venue reporting correctly what equipment they have so a determination can be made by the performer as to whether the band CAN play there in the first place - according to the press release they failed to do that. Lindsey would certainly have scheduled elsewhere in Lincoln had the equipment details provided been straight...that is fact.
Yeah, maybe. Imagine an entire show of Lindsey unplugged? It could have been fabulous. It would have taken a lot of flexibility and creativity, and grace, on Lindsey's part to be able to accept that things weren't as planned and move from there. The man's got a voice, and mad guitar skills...He could have pulled something out with much less equipment than the venue had to offer--even with nothing but himself and his acoustic guitar. Imagine
how special it would have been to witness something so spontaneous. A once in a lifetime experience.

Of course it's an awful lot to ask of any artist, but it could be done.

At this point I think I might be arguing just to argue, so I'll leave it at that and enjoy the rest of this discussion from the sidelines.