View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've had a copy of 'Kiln House' on vinyl for a VERY long time (since probably the mid 1970s) but mine doesn't have the insert. I probably bought it in a used record store in the first place. When I purchased it the record had already been out for a few years. I wish I had that insert; it looks very cool.

I completely agree with the other posters that the SIZE of the vinyl record cover was a HUGE advantage over those tiny little microscopic CDs. I would spend hours just looking at the pictures while I listened to my records.

I'm really happy that a lot of young bands actually are putting their music out on vinyl these days. A young (17 year old) cousin of mine is very much into buying vinyl. I agree with Ian -- I would buy In the Meantime on vinyl if it had been available that way! I also maintain that a music fan should have a turntable; just because music is coming out on CDs these days, it doesn't mean that the millions of records pressed during vinyl's heyday have disappeared. You can still buy 'em and play 'em -- if you have the equipment!