Thread: Discuss Oh Well
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
How about this

without reference to Clapton or the green god, to me the statement is simple

Honesty. Most people if they really thought of it know their own faults, foibles, assets and quirks. Its easy for someone to criticize someone else, isnt it? We do it all the time. We know what we mean when we think or talk. Does anyone else understand us? What do they hear?

first statement
I can tell you about the shape Im In, Icant sing, I ant pretty and my legs are thin,
self assessmnt
second statement. If this is what I think of myself what would you expect me to say about you?
but dont ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to.
second line. only god knows what is in our hearts and can lead us

here is peters dilemna with being a band leader. He did not want to be the last word or the answer for others. If you read what he had said to many a fan after that time and of his accounts of jam sessions where everyone diferred to him, this statemet makes complete sense

When I talk to god i know he understands, he says sit by me and I'l be your guiding hand,
but dont ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to.

doodyhead
Well said, doodyhead. I never quite followed the idea that Peter was getting god like when he penned those lines. Your interpretation seems more on the mark