View Single Post
Old 09-14-2002, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGrass
You really think only three?

Some of these songs date BEFORE "The Dance," so wouldn't Lindsey wanna record mnay new ones for the record? Instead of using songs that are over 5 years old.
I really do think this "double album" is going to be "Gift Of Screws Album" + "Stevie's New FM Songs".....IMO all of the "original" songs from Gift Of Screws are too good for Lindsey to let go, so I think we will see them on the new album. I think the songs I've mentioned above come to about 50 mins, so I really don't think we're going to see that many more "new" LB songs. Maybe a couple of co-written LB/SN songs, which would be awesome.

Mick's description of LB's songs on the album ("lots of fingerpicking" and "hard rock" and "guitar layering") clearly suggests he's made heavy use of the GOS material......

In an interview ages ago I seem to remember Lindsey said that he has more than an album's worth of material finished, he just has to make the decision about whether to "let it out there" under the name "Lindsey Buckingham" (and possibly commit commercial suicide as a "50 year old up against people like Britney Spears") or to make use of the name "Fleetwood Mac" to ensure that it gets proper attention.

Well, I think it's safe to say he's made his choice! And IMO it was the totally right one!

Last edited by seteca; 09-14-2002 at 05:26 PM..