View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Full-Page 'Very Best Of' Ad in Billboard

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
If they REALLY DO want to center on the BN lineup only then they shouldn't have included ALAYF & NQA in the tracklisting. JMHO though. A minor grumble.
I'm not trying to be a voice of dissention here, and I definitely understand how you feel. I think it's a shame that the rich history of Fleetwood Mac's ENTIRE career is overlooked so as to focus only on the success of the Buckingham Nicks era.
But still, I see that viewpoint too... as the majority of American fans, and indeed many of the fans worldwide (with England being the most notable exception), see "Fleetwood Mac" as being Mick, John, Chris, Lindsey, and Stevie... and no one else.
So that's what the record company tends to play up... "Look! We have your favorite Fleetwood Mac lineup together again!!!"

I just thought I'd point out that all the songs on the set are written and/or sung by Christine, Stevie and Lindsey.
And even though Lindsey doesn't play on "As Long As You Follow," "No Questions Asked," or "Sky's The Limit," Christine and Stevie sing lead on them, so to the casual listener, there won't be a discernable difference between those tracks, and those that do feature Lindsey as a guitarist.
(Unlike what would have happened had they thrown "Hard Feelings" in there, for example... where some people would have said, "who is THAT singing??")

One upside to all of this... given that Rick and Billy contributed to four of the tracks on this collection, they stand to earn some decent royalties from this too! With Rick making slightly more, since he co-wrote "Paper Doll."

Johnny Stew