View Single Post
Old 09-08-2002, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Golddustchic....

Quote:
Originally posted by golddustchic
Wow, this is all really helping me out. But I have a quick question, probably a really stupid one. Anyway, I have a music book with the Tabulature(sorry don't know how to spell it), and when they show which chords to play, how do you know how many times to play the chord and how do you know when to strum from the top or from the bottom(upstroke i think it's called). Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thanks!
The only way to get a proper sense of how many times to strum a chord is to listen to the song....strum in time with the beat of the song is all i can say....there isn't really a correct number of times you can play that chord...as long as u play it in time. I realise that sounds really unhelpful but if you're asking "is there a way of finding how many times I'm meant play a chord", the answer is no. Play to a rhythm that you like, just make sure you're in time with the song and you change chords at the right time. If you're asking about any FM/LB/SN songs let me know which song it is and i can specifically help you out if you want.

As for whether you should strum up or down, listen to the song. It should be obvious. Also, in your tab book, next to the tabbed chord there shoud be a squiggly arrow...if it's going up....strum downwards.....i.e. start from the bass note and strum to the highest note. And obviously vice-versa.

Feel free to email / PM me with specific questions! I'll do my best to help you out!

Last edited by seteca; 09-08-2002 at 11:07 PM..