Thread: The Upside
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 11:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
because the boxed set came out less than a year after her crisis with mick when she said she's leaving FM right.
Welllll she was presumably with the band while recording Paper Doll and Heart of Stone...I find it incredibly hard to believe that she wasn't percieved as part of the band.
Quote:
i was being sarcastic in case you didn't notice.
My apologies, didn't catch that.
Quote:
i'll take a wild guess: my english is far better than your hebrew.
I look forward to The Ledge V. 2.0 available in Hebrew only. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Hebrew, you opened up the can of worms by mentioning grammar bub!
Quote:
in each and every case of a band's vocalist having a parallel carrer as a solo artist the result was either leaving the band (neil young, phil collins...) or leaving the solo career as a secondary effort (mick jagger, dave gahan, stevie nicks...)
I think that's a bit of a vast generalization there. Each and every case? And you still didn't answer my question! How are two albums in a 5 year FM dormant period a side-career? Do you honestly think she cared in the least as to the status of FM during any of those five years?
Quote:
... as i mentioned earlier (read before you reply) sadly, currently that's the only option he has to release his material
Again, wonderful use of factual information. How you just arbitrarily decide that that's the only way LB could release material? I wasn't aware that his solo work had to pass by you before making it to the public.
Quote:
as we witnessed, these rare occasions occur (or don't occur) at warner's decision and not his.
We witnessed? Oh man! Who forgot to tell me about all of us being allowed in the Warner Brothers office meeting? Once again, your argument has no leg to stand on...at absolute best. Bring the WB exec in to tell me LB wasn't allowed to release an album, then I'll shut up.
Quote:
and the general public cared about them the same way in return, didn't they...
Perhaps the Stevie fans... Ok ok, I was kidding. The general public did better with SN's 90's releases?
-Brian

Last edited by bjk3047; 08-21-2002 at 11:22 PM..