View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Are you serious??? I always thought EB was the singer! At the club where I work, there are BIG 4' pics of stars that have played there, over the years, over all the walls. One of the oldest pics is Elvin Bishop(NO ONE knows who it is, so I've said his name 10K times). I guess I just ASSumed that he was the singer, too....
I'll be damned.
I found this info at answers.com just to make sure that I was not cracking up.

Mickey Thomas (born December 3 1949, in Cairo, Georgia), is an American singer.

He was inspired to take part in music after seeing a Beatles performance in 1964. He travelled to Atlanta with long time childhood friends Charles Connell, Lewis Oliver, Tommy Verran and Walter Wight. Thomas, Connell and Verran wound up in their first rock and roll band together. Ironically, Verran was the lead singer at the time. They split up to go to different colleges, but later reformed in the early 1970s along with friend Bud Thomas as "The Jets". While singing lead for The Jets, in 1974, Thomas joined the Elvin Bishop Group as a harmony singer, and eventually made it to lead vocals. His best-known achievement was singing on the chart hit "Fooled Around And Fell In Love", a #3 single in 1977.