View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 10:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

That was a funny comment by John Stewart and typical of something he'd say.
LB was helping John with his comeback album while working on Tusk. I believe his song "Comin' out of nowhere" (from "Bombs Away Dream Babies album) was about Lindsey. I've always admired their professional relationship.

Is there anyone else aware that the great Peter Green made an uncredited appearence on Tusk? He played the lead guitar on "Brown Eyes".
Has anyone heard Camper Van Beethoven's version of Tusk? They redid the entire album. I haven't heard it yet, but I have heard their music and its very good.
All this drivel about who is better, etc, is old. Its been going on for a while. Lindsey is better at some things, Stevie is better at others. Who would argue that Stevie is a better lyricist and Lindsey is a better arranger? You don't have to be too intelligent to see that...In fact, in a 1994 interview, Stevie Nicks stated that she didn't have Lindsey's musical talent. Lindsey himself has said she is great lyricist.
I think people (especially on the Lindsey board) are just bored that there isn't anything new or fresh to discuss.

By the way, what planet is the individual who wrote, "I come in peace" from?