Thread: Apostle
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogon View Post
If my memory doesn't mislead entirely I seem to remember that the orchestrated version of "Apostle" was released as a single at about the time of the release of the "In The Skies" album. I'll check as soon as I get back home to see if there are any info on orchestration etc och the label. The cover of my copy was a simple non-illustrated one, but "PVK"-green. The B-side was "Tribal Dance", same version as on the album.
It has been my understanding all these years that "Tribal Dance" was the A-side with "Apostle" being the B-side. But, I could be wrong...30 years does weird things to the memory banks...especially considering the extracurricular activies that abounded in the late '70s.

I think the PVK reissues should've just omitted the Kolors album altogether and used those songs as bonus tracks on the correspondng albums that the sessions produced. (Of course, that would mean that both versions of "Apostle" been released on the In The Skies reissue, etc)