View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Street Angel
I don´t see the need to post a "I defend Stevie with teeth and claws, because she´s perfect"-kind of post. But one thing that came to my mind when I read the posts was...

I can´t remember reading anywhere that artists like Peter Gabriel, Joni Mitchell or Lou Reed are highly regarded because of their perfection on any instruments. What they are acknowledged for is their talent in songwriting. If anyone wants to rank Stevie next to the SONGWRITING talents of the artists mentioned above, is of course anyone´s personal choice.
Isn't that what Stevie, herself, has said many, many times? That she ONLY wants to be remembered for being a great SONGWRITER? Not for being a great piano player or a great guitar player. Well... congradulations, Stevie...I think you've made it. (Even if you cannot stand her music, if you just read her words, you have to admit, the woman can write some pretty great stuff.)

Bella Figura....wonderful post. And the same goes for Johnny Stew, I have actually looked forward to reading them. You both have made excellent points.

Okay...I'm going back into hiding now. I normally don't post on these long "discussion" type threads....just because I simply don't have the time.

And yes....as much as I love Stevie...I do believe that the "whole is greater than the sum of the parts".
~~Angela~~