View Single Post
Old 08-09-2002, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ldfgln cjgoyupngm............

Oops!!
Sorry!
I fell on the keyboard during a huge belly laugh!

I gotta go check that out.
Although my copies are far from clear!
Also, we had a thread earlier about videos where we were ragging poor Linds-babe about not being able to lip-synch. I guess this is just further evidence of his problems in that area.

I know alot of the early videos by anyone were not real inspired and were done low-budget, but Linds was also in this real pared-down creative vibe at the time. It started with his music on Tusk, and ran right over into Law & Order. I just figured he wanted the vids from that to be real stripped-down as well. His interviews from the time seem to have him lamenting about not being able to do things according to his creative vision.

Well, there's alot to be said for a little "spit" haha! and polish, because he sure cleans up well in some of the later efforts!

Unfortunately, in the MTV age, the visual eye candy that goes along with a song can make it or break it. There are some very bland songs that have great videos and vice-versa. I think in the early days it was hard for some of the already existing rock stars, like FM, to make the transition to the visual of the music.

Lindsey only seems like he is comfortable or having a good time in the performance vids. In all of them except Slow Dancing (ahhhh) he seems a little lost without that guitar, or even when he has it and he is fake-playing.

I love him best when he isn't attempting to "act" anything out.

Just give the man the guitar and let him play. Roll the camera. That's perfect!

Oh, and brass monkey, if no one has PMed you yet about getting videos, most of us have traded with other people who have copies. That's one reason we all have, like Sugar said, 6000th generation versions!