View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think you already started it. Hey, even Picasso had his blue period.
I like what Lindsey is doing now. I don't really care if the record is a commercial success. I don't think he cares either. This record isn't Out Of The Cradle by any means but I don't think it's supposed to be. It reflects where he is as a person and artist right now. I mean isn't that what it's all about?

can i get an amen. . . .
is there an "amen" smile face somewhere around here ??

the original question -
what is happening to lindsey buckingham??
IMO he got EXACTLY what he always wanted and has been stomping his feet about for years - artistic freedom - no one said to him "where is the 'go your own way?'" -
and he got support for his music even when he is experimenting and trying something new that is far out of the mainstream-
and it will always alienate some faction of the fans -

and hasn't he told us himself what is "happening to lindsey buckingham" ??-
he made a chill record reflecting a new and intersting part of his life(family/love/aging) while out on tour with his past life - and he is workin on anothr more rocking album to be released next year - he has said "ill see you next year " at many of the shows so he is planning anothr tour -
big mac is supposedly gearing up for anothr cross country romp as well -

so - i think that is pretty much "horse's mouth" as far as a literal answer to your question-
looks like lindsey will:
finish this tour
finish the ROCK album
tour in support of that album
and then out with big mac

that sounds more ambitious and creative than he has been in years to me -
(14 years since out of cradle)
so i think you are judging before the new picture completely emerges -

uts took two listens for me - (first listen was in all honesty - "oh my god - he is only gonna sell 5 of these " but i knew it was a haunting piece that would slowly reveal itself - and it has - at least to me - ) he has stepped outside of the conventional "hook" oriented song and has created lush landscapes of sound that require more than a three second judgement -

it's cool to second guess him but id let him play out his next couple cards before you throw in yours