View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Thanks for posting this.

It's very interesting to see how Christine's attitude to moving back to England changed over the years.

Compare "I like the sunshine" to "I don't care for sunny weather"
Something happened soon thereafter during the late 1980's or so. Her whole attitude changed. Maybe she had something of a female mid-life crisis.

By the way, I have an interview from around Tango time where she said that she had thought of packing up & moving back to home to England soon after her 1984 solo album. Fleetwood Mac wasn't doing anything at the time & she had just fallen in love with Eddy Quintela. But then "Can't Help Falling In Love" happened, then Tango. So she stayed put, at least for a few more years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail View Post
Also both their attitudes to Mirage at that time and their (well Lindsey's) somewhat sniffy attitude to it later on.
Well, they were promoting Mirage during this interview. They could hardly have trashed the album while they were trying to sell it. I also don't think that Chris actually disliked Mirage. She has said that there were some really good songs on it. I assume that she was referring to "Hold Me" & "Gypsy". I have an idea of why Lindsey didn't like Mirage, but I'd rather not say.