View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine McVie 1984 Solo Album

this thread actually was much longer, but i took out all of the troll posts and our responses to the troll posts. trying this new format, i think it's easier to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicstorm
Ok, wow, I'm freakin' out!! I just bought Christine's solo album in 1984, self titled Christine McVie and OMG it's fantastic to say the least. It's so up beat compared to "In the meantime" but it would be foolish for me to compare the 2 because I really can't. They seem to be very different albums. I don't have much of an opinion right now on the album as I've only listened to it twice but I can tell you this right off the bat, it is unremarkable, unfathomable, unbelievable, astonishing and absolute pure talent that Christine's voice is the same as it was in 2004, twenty years on! That is absolutely amazing that her voice hasn't aged a day. This just goes to prove once again that Christine is a true talented songbird of our time. I completely understand now that she will always be the glue that keeps or kept Fleetwood Mac together and that even on her own, she is pure magic. I'm so excited, there are some great songs on the album. I'm so over whelmed!! I need some wine!! I love love love love "The smile I live for" OMG magic!!, I'm breathless. I have no words just yet!! But "in the meantime" as it were, can some of you tell me a little more about the album and what was going on in Christine's life at that time it was written and produced. I noticed some very interesting credits for the album and noticed some of the crew from Fleetwood Mac were credited. I think we have a very good feeling on what Fleetwood Mac without Stevie would have sounded like back then...

"I'm soooooooooo excited..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcviefan
Ian, I thought you already had this album, but better late than never. It definitely is very different from ITM. It's more Fleetwood Mac like. She had some great guests on this album too. I love Steve Winwood's contributions especially. He is an idol of Christine's. She recorded this album in Switzerland in 1983. That's when she met her second husband, Eddy Quintela. However, none of these songs are about him. As you can see by the writing credits, most of the songs were written by Chris & Todd Sharp. "Ask Anybody" was written about Dennis Wilson, by the way.

My favorite song on the album is "The Smile I Live For". But they're all good. I think it's a very, very, very good pop album."Got A Hold On Me" was a top ten hit for her too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicstorm
Yeah I'm always late to the Christine party!! I'm so late to the party I'm helping the cleaners pick up now!! It's terrible! I still have a lot of catching up to do, it's soooooo sad!! But hey I'm young, I've got the time! Thanks for the info though, was good to know about where it was recorded, explains the cover image.
and then that's where it all degenerated into madness! so let the discussion continue. . .