View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorcerer386 - You need to read the lyrics, or even better, listen to Lindsey's song "Wrong" from OOTC. It will explain a tidbit or two so you won't feel left out of the joke!

In one part he says:

Did I see another
Piggy in the middle
Piggy on the cover

That's very interesting, considering the Chap in Mick's book where he chronicled the affiar with Stevie was called "Piggy in the Middle"

I also love what in my opinion are a few more digs at Mick:

The line about "Putting on the Hits" seems to be a jab at Mick for appearing on that lame-o 80's show as a judge, like, "Man, did you need money THAT bad?" that makes me chuckle everytime!

And "advance was spent some time ago" and "agent's on the phone" seem to be pointing out he only wrote the book for money.

And "the man just got it wrong" well, that self-explanatory, and Lindsey is making his feelings perfectly known here!

One more thing, I have always interpreted the "young Mr. Rock Cock, where do you belong?" part, as Lindsey refering to himself. He wasn't sure where he fit in in the rock world of the early 90's, and working on OOTC seemed to be an excercise in helping him forge his place. We all know he wanted be known for more than his looks, but at the same time, he was well aware that he and Stevie increased the eye appeal of the band a great deal when they joined.

Just my take on it, BTW, I found the book entertaining, I bought it for a couple of bucks off ebay, but I did take lots of it with a grain of salt, mainly when I realized some of the timelines were incorrect.

There is an interview where Stevie or Lindsey one talks about Stevie apologizing to Lindsey for what Mick wrote about him, and Lindsey was evidently very touched at her reaction, saying he couldn't believe she was apologizing to him for what Mick wrote. Maybe the book is one of the things that maybe even helped a little with the healing. At least it maybe helped get them talking again.

The book is just one of those things you file away with other Mac history and, like the rest of it, you have to look at it in the correct context.

-Sharon