View Single Post
Old 06-30-2002, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question hmm..

I preface my thought here to be clear. Since I/we don't know whose possible "decision" this is, I once again am only using the term(s) "they/them" in this statement so it could relate to the label and/or the band.

It would be great to know how many albums the Mac (& LB) contract was/is for but if there is/has been only one left on the FM one and "they" have opted to "finish things off" with WB/Reprise with this GH thing, I wonder why it has taken "them" 5/6 years to come to this "decision"? Surely "they" could've thought of this idea sooner. I understand there is the thought that the label may have wanted to wait until a time of year they felt as though it would "sell more" or whatever, but it doesn't/didn't have to be Christmas THIS year, it could've been Christmas a few years ago (or whenever is "sell-able"). Also, I know that "they" would've wanted a few new songs on there and the idea may have been "there's nothing ready yet" etc. but I'm sure "they" could've come up with one or two to cover that part of it whatever year it was it "could've" been released since we know "they" have been coy about how many unreleased songs there are that exist already in the WB/Reprise vaults. Oh well!

Also, even if we go under the assumption that LB has only one record left with his WB/Reprise solo contract and if GOS is apparently "done" and all that then there is still the question of... "Why the wait?" It would be highly unlikely that the label would want to put out a "Best of LB" solo compilation (though I suppose anything is possible!) to "end off" his solo contract and if LB does want to "get away from" WB/Reprsie then he still would have to give the label SOMETHING to "fininsh things off" with WB/Reprise so he could've ended things with the label a long time ago as well IF all of this is the case.

As I say though, it's simply speculating that BOTH contracts do only have one album remaining on each contract and I guess we won't know that until we see a release for ourselves at our local retailers that is on a different label than WB/Reprise by either artist. Here's hoping we get some concrete news of some kind soon on this topic anyways!

John