View Single Post
Old 06-28-2002, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy trouble on the boards

OK,

I've been having discussions by email with other nameless Ledgies and the feeling I am getting is this:-

This message board is populated in the greater majority by teenagers, which is on the whole a good thing. It shows this band and it's members are reaching a large range of age groups and not just appealing to the"oldies".

However, some of these teenagers or even some of the adults with immature mentalities seem to take offense if anything with a negative approach to this band is posted. If anyone questions an aspect of the band, it's music or a particular member, especially Stevie, it is deemed blasphemous. Those of you taking this approach know who you are. As for those of you at school or college that feel this way, please understand that you will never gain wisdom in life unless you open up and grasp other peoples ideas, good or bad, and reflect on them with an open mind.

As for the moderators, their job is to ensure that these boards remain free of particularly bad language and to stop any posts that are in bad taste. If Ledgies descend to personal attacks and name calling then they should recieve a friendly warning and their posts should be edited accordingly, not removed altogether. Remember moderators, you wield the power to decide what we see posted, please set a good example to the rest of us. On the whole, keep up the good work.

If this post upsets anybody, sorry if I've caused any trouble in your own personal shangri-la, but please think before you reply to a thread.

Thanks.