View Single Post
Old 06-28-2002, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have not seen the post that this is about. But as far as freedom of speech, no one is taking that away from anyone by locking a post. You can say all you want to say, maybe just not here. And moderators have every right to do that. This is not your message board. Someone else set it up. And they have the right to keep it the way they want it.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean you have the right to go *everywhere* and say what you want. If someone invites you into their house and then you start up something they do not feel is fitting, and it's upsetting their other guests, they have every right to ask you to either stop, or to please leave. That is not holding back your freedom of speech. Your freedom of speech doesn't entitle you to take away other people's freedoms. And since this message board is very much like someone's living room that you are invited into, then they have the right to say - we don't want this type of thing going on here. And we can respect that, or leave. It's our choice. So chill out and stop throwing the whole "freedom of speech" into the mix. I mean, give me a break.

So, no big deal. Take the conversation elsewhere if you want. That's your freedom. Ain't it grand!

Last edited by Ghosty; 06-28-2002 at 09:23 AM..