View Single Post
Old 06-19-2002, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD

Oh, wondergirl and your "variations of chocolate" idea:
Not exactly what I was thinking, but I THINK I can tell where you were going with that. I was more thinking that Lindsey started out making chocolate ice cream with only cream, eggs, cocoa beans and whatever basic, natural ingredients it takes to make real natural ice cream, back when he was 17...then he decreases the natural ingredients slowly over time to now he's giving us the same chocolate ice cream, only made with "imitation chocolate flavoring", monoglycerides & preservatives...a lot of artificial stuff and ever decreasing natural stuff...unless the two (the natural and artificial) are eaten side by side, the imitation flavoring still would satisfy the craving for chocolate, but in a less nutritious or healthy form. Same with theatre popcorn...back when, they gave us REAL butter topping...now it's some butter flavored grease that still satisfies our tastebuds, but isn't FULLY as satisfying as the "REAL THING"...nor as healthy.

That's the best thing I've read on this thread so far!

All things in moderation. Too much ice cream will make you sick...

But at a later stage you will go back and eat it again won't you.

If you analyse the taste long enough you will be able to recreate it using modern chemicals and equipment and take it to a point where none of the original ingredients remain. The question then at that stage would be, can you remember how to make it with the original recipe or not? Or would you prefer to sell an artificial product that may contain carcinogenic chemicals?