View Single Post
Old 06-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope like hell Try For The Sun makes it on the record, and that they perform it on tour...probably wishful thinking on my part...but can't you just SEE that??? I think that that song right there just proves that Lindsey is still feeling kinda um....sentimental? lol...where Stevie is concerned.

Angela,

Lindsey didn't write "Try For The Sun". It was written by Donovan Leitch, Sr.; aka "Donovan". Same guy who wrote "Season Of The Witch", "Catch The Wind", "Mellow Yellow", "Cosmic Wheels", "Intergalactic Laxative", and "Jennifer Juniper" for Jenny Boyd (Fleetwood), back in the late '60's/early '70's. I SERIOUSLY doubt Donovan had Stevie in mind when he wrote "Try For The Sun", nor even knew of her existence. Lindsey just covered it somewhere along the lines during the "Gift Of Screws" sessions, along with covering four relatively obscure Rolling Stones tunes ("She Smiled Sweetly", "Blue Turns To Grey", "Gotta Get Away" & "The Singer Not The Song"). I also seriously doubt that EVERYTHING Lindsey writes is about Stevie and vice versa...no matter HOW it may seem like it in our fantasies.