View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I adore him too - but these songs are not grabbing me.

But, if they work for everyone else - great!!!!!!!!!!

Interestingly, he seems to be avoiding those IMO brilliantly sardonic lyrics like on Say Goodbye, ISA, etc. - - as well as the more pop ones like Trouble.
That's the good thing. Again he does something we don't expect from him. I guess we must stop hoping for things he did in the past, he just seem to refuse to live up to that. He's not a crowdpleaser, hell, even his biggest fans are shakin' on their grounds. I'm puzzled too, I can understand everybody who's a bit dissapointed-maybe I am too. But in some way these songs are stickin' after you play them alot. They all have a very high level of catchy-ness and they are annoying in some way too. But when I first heard Save Me A Place, Johnny Stew, Play In The Rain, Not That Funny, WMYTYTO, Murrow, Red Rover, Say Goodbye, it took me a long time before I got the brilliance of them too. Frankly, at first they made me itch like I had some gonnorrhea they'd never discovered before.