View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Quote:
No, gerald! I don't mean his timing. I mean his ability to keep a steady beat (let's call it his "timekeeping"). This has not always been poor! It has always been excellent! He has always played like a metronome!
I knew what you meant, but I've always had the feeling that he drifted in a way no other drummer can.
Quote:
It is only in recent years that Taku, posting to Usenet as "Helen," has admitted that Mick's timekeeping has deteriorated & that this deterioration created some problems with the last percussionist, Lenny Castro.
That's the point. Castro was technically too good for Mick, who's always been a "feel"player. NOT a metronome. He needed a percussionist that adjusted to his Unpredictable style. Lindsey agrees. On Soundstage, which you still have to watch, Lindsey introduces Taku as "the best listener I know"
Quote:
Well, actually, that is a good point. I like to hear songs that suck. I would rather hear a song that sucks than a song that is really good. To me, really good songs don't belong in the concert stage.
Your missing my remark about the ISA-solo.

Triangle is just so ... goofy-sounding. o/~ There's somethin' goin' on/Down in the .../down in the tri-angle o/~

goofball city!
Yeah. Not That Funny-studio is one of my fave Macsongs, but I guess it's impopular because of the words. As a no-native speaker I don't pick up those irri lyrics most of the time. What a relief! I love Triangle because of it's atmosphere.