View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
being homosexual isn't the problem, it's the sexual act that is.
This makes sense in the context of the Catholic church. I'm sorry I used the word nitwits, I was getting self-righteous there and not paying attention. Everyone else has made some great points and I have been educated myself here. I wish these doctrines against specific sexual acts would be presented as politely as Sahara has done so, and not be the backdrop and feeder for violent or basically hysetrical people.

I have talked to a few practicing Catholics about the role of celibacy in their priesthood ad have gotten the answer that it is important so their devotion is not divided, that it be squarely upon God and his children as being the preist's family, and if he had married and a family of his own that would distract and detract. However the introduction of celibacy into Catholicism was initiated more for worldy concerns about the church inheriting land and property rather than relatives. Sadly too they put great pressure upon priests to reconsider if they express interest in marrying and thus leaving the priesthod and are somewhat shunned when they do even though there should be nothing against marriage you wouldn't think.

Please excuse my typing, I have a new smaller keyboard and am trying to get used to it.