Thread: What's this?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I had a disappointing hunch that Web site would come & go with the album itself.

Remember, people, these are musicians who have essentially no interest in Internet presence or activity. Mick probably keeps his site running peripherally only as a future outlet for any additional business ventures he engages in. In Christine's case, she had absolutely no reason from her perspective to keep a Web presence beyond the immediate release of that CD.

But, people, get with the program. We don't NEED them to have them on the Web, if you get what I'm saying. We keep Christine alive by talking about her. She doesn't do that. She doesn't even help. In fact, she doesn't even hear about it. BUT WE KEEP THE CHRIS LEGEND ALIVE IN THE HEARTS OF THOUSANDS!! if you could but see it ...

Sure, it might have been nice to see her answers to the questions. But on the other hand, it might have been REALLY boring & pointless (Stevie's ongoing Q&A, anyone?).
I doubt that a Christine McVie Q & A would have been boring. Remember that online chat that she did back around when Time was released? But, you are absolutely right about us keeping the Chris legend alive by talking about her. I'm amazed that there are over 10,000 posts in this forum in 2 years. When I first came to the Ledge, you hardly heard anything about her in the general forums. Then Marty started this forum & the Chris fans slowly started coming out of the woodwork.

As for her website...I didn't think it would still be around 2 years after ITM was released. I think Sanctuary & Chris(I assume that she's still paying for it) have probably forgotten about it. Official websites are NEVER as good as fan sites, so it shouldn't really be a surprise what happened with her site.