View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Hence his negative comments regarding Fleetwood Mac after he left. He probably had thought that if he quit the band would dissolve. They didn't, which probably was a big reality check (or slap upside the head) to him. (and especially when they got a BETTER guitarist)
He underestimated the fighting spirit this band has to go on. They went through, IMO, a far bigger crisis when Peter left so they could handle it and move on. He couldn't.

Quote:
1) He's not one of the best guitarists in the world (in fact, he's FAR from the best guitarist in Fleetwood Mac...not even in my top 5)
I would disagree in terms of his technical proficiency but I would agree in terms of his purely playing "emotion". He doesn't set something off in my heart the way Peter, Clapton, Knopfler etc do. But I do admire his skills.

Quote:
2) He ruined Fleetwood Mac
I think that was a somewhat combined effort. You could argue they gave Lindsey too much power in terms of defining the music. I have a theory that when Lindsey lost the 'fro he lost some of his abilities for some reason. I watched some of his work on the Largo '75 gig the other night and was shocked at how fresh and great he played and sung.