View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi
Finally received my Chicken Shack Compilation today. I'd already owned the first two CS cds (and records) but "It's Okay with Me Baby" was a new thrill. MacFan had posted it as an mp3 here a while back and I liked it. But today was the first time I heard it on a proper stereo.

Wow she could play some fine blues piano! Her tasteful lick at towards the end of the song is brilliant. Not over-the-top showboating but certainly more up-front and assertive than a good deal of her piano playing with Mac.

I noticed, too, that for the studio recordings she gradually moved from acoustic piano to organ and then electric keyboards. She's great at all of these, but I'd love to hear her pound away for a while on the keys, you know?
I just got my copy of the Chicken Shack box set yesterday. I'm actually listening to it now as I type. I LOVE her blues piano! I totally agree...no showboating(which I hate), but very tasteful.

Mike Vernon also removed Stan Webb's impersonations(which I didn't like) from the O.K. Ken songs. And, the liner notes are great. Mike Vernon knows how to write liner notes. And, there's even a few new pictures that I'd never seen before in the booklet!