View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynBlue
Haven't been able to find any "numbers" but the largest audiences they played to would most like have been at one of the English festivals, many of which had them near the top of the bill in 1969 and 1970 - festivals at the Wembley Empire Pool, the Bath Blues Festival (summer of '69 - which also had Led Zeppelin on the bill), the Essen Blues Festival in Germany and the one in Buxton-on-Tent back in England.
It is telling that aside from the Miami Music Festival at the end of 1968 (where they flew in for a day, played their set and left) that they never played any of the "big" events in the U.S.
Does anyone know how large the halls were that they played in the Netherlands, or on their "Scandinavian" (roadie Dinky Dawson's term)tours through Denmark, Sweden and Norway? It is all but impossible to find any information on those tours!
When I saw them back in 1969 it was in De Doelen in Rotterdam. About 2200 places, I sat in the Parterre location. I included a picture of the hall here. At the same time they also played in Den Haag, but I don't know exactly where.
Amsterdam, the concerthouse, probably also had about 2000 seats at that time.
Attached Images
File Type: gif De Doelen GroteZaal.gif (14.7 KB, 6 views)