View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
I'd prefer Todd Sharp over Michael Thompson on lead guitar...in fact, make him a MEMBER of the band. He writes & sings well, too.
I had thought about that. There are only two problems, though. First, he was also a part of the Zoo, so that would make FOUR people from that band. (BTW, that's also why I had Steve Thoma instead of Brett Tuggle. Mick/John/Bekka/Billy/Todd/Brett is just too close to the Zoo. All they would have to do is replace John with George Hawkins, and it IS the Zoo.)

The second thing with that is that, while I have tons of respect for Todd as a singer, songwriter, and guitarist, I think that Billy and Bekka were on to something that would have made adding a third singer/songwriter to the mix a bit awkward. I think that keeping it to just Billy and Bekka fronting the group would have been best.

Actually, the reason for Mick Taylor is that he was the lead guitarist for the Rolling Stones during their country era. I figured that if anybody could pull Bekka and Billy's "down-home country tendancies" together with Mick and John's rock/blues/pop tendancies, it would be Mick Taylor. And, I picked Al Kooper because he's a great multi-instrumentalist and producer. The band needs somebody like that on the inside.

THE Stephen Hopkins