View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dead horse discussion!

Okay, I know this is a dead horse, but it’s a fun dead horse on a cold day. Even though I have my theory that “Time” was DOA, thanks in large part to Lindsey and Christine, what if Mick and John had decided to continue? Here’s what I would have liked to see happen:

In January, 1996, Christine announces that she has retired from Fleetwood Mac, though leaves open the possibility of doing a reunion show. Mick announces that the band has parted ways with Dave Mason, stating that it just wasn’t working out for either party, and that the remaining four will replace Christine and Dave after a 50 city tour in support the “Time” album. The tour will be small-to-medium sized venues, as they are essentially a new band, that the number of “classic” Mac songs will be limited, and helping the band out on the tour will be Steve Thoma and Michael Thompson, both having played on “Time.”

In The Back Of My Mind
Talkin’ To My Heart
The Chain
Say You Love Me
Oh Well
Winds Of Change
The Bigger The Love
When The Sun Goes Down
Shakin’ The Cage (with vest solo)
Nothing Without You
Hi Ho Silver
I Got It In For You
Go Your Own Way
encore 1
Don’t Stop
encore 2
Dreamin’ The Dream

Mick Fleetwood: Drums
John McVie: Bass
Bekka Bramlett: Vocals
Billy Burnette: Guitars/Vocals
-with-
Steve Thoma: Keyboards/Backing Vocals
Michael Thompson: Guitars

After the tour, the band announces that they have added rock legends Mick Taylor (Bluesbreakers, Rolling Stones) and Al Kooper (got Dylan to go electric and played organ on "Higway 61...", discovered Skynyrd and produced first three albums, founded Blood Sweat And Tears, and played on a billion or so albums) to the line-up, with the hope the two can fuse what Mick and John want with what Bekka and Billy want. The band does a 50 city tour off the bat to build chops. They then record an album, which actually gets great reviews and has respectable sales, and even produces a hit single.

I would have taken THAT over what ACTUALLY happened anyday. I like "The Dance" and SYW, but that's all we've had since 1995, which is not NEARLY enough.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 12-08-2005 at 12:42 PM..