View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Got my computer about 2 years ago. I've been burning CDs with Roxio Easy CD Creator (came with the computer) frequently at 48x speed with no issues.

A few months ago, Roxio stopped working. I would click on it & nothing would happen - no error message, just nothing. Hubby tried to delete & reinstall it - now if I click it I get the hourglass & it looks like it's going to open but never does.

So. I started burning using Musicmatch Jukebox (also came with the computer) - slower, but not terrible. I think it was burning at 24x or 48x, but it was annoying to have to put the tracks into "my playlist" first and then burn them. With Roxio, I just hit "copy" and it did.

Suddenly, Musicmatch is burning at 4x speed! WTH? I tried to increase the speed & it told me to upgrade. At 4x speed, it will take me an hour to do 1 CD. No way. BTW - I can burn photos onto CD without any problems at all, so I don't think it's the burner itself.

My question is - should I just buy the upgrade & give it a shot? If it doesn't work, I'm screwed out of the money, right? Roxio wants $79 ON SALE - that's a lot, IMO. Musicmatch wants $19.99, but again, it's a pain in the ass & not that fast to begin with. Anyone here care to recommend another program? I just want to be able to copy my boot CDs to start trading again.
Good luck to you whatever you decide. My burner has been busted for about a month now too. SUCKS