View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
You know before 9/11 I would have not been for sending Americans into harms way just so we could create "Ohio" in different parts of the world. But after 9/11, I really think that this is an area that we need to clean out. There is going to have to be an exit strategy at some point in time, because eventually this will become the Iraqi's war, to maintain the peace in their own country. But there are good things that have happened since the liberation of Iraq...and yes there is blood shed almost every day...but war isn't pretty and the fact is people are going to die! But we have to keep in mind the good that has happened that we consistently DON'T see on the evening news. Most of the areas in Iraq are virtually stable and safe; it is only a few choice places that are being consistently attacked by terrorist, unfortunately one being the capitol. The point is, liberating and obtaining freedom for a country that virtually has no idea or concept of what those words mean isn't easy and it is a long journey, which now must be made regardless.

oh my god. your Ledgie name is dead on, cause you are full of S**T. are you kidding me? here's a shovel, you're gonna need it.

there isn't enough time to go through all the holes you've left, but one thing that stuck out to me is why you feel it is our responsibilty to set up democracy and freedom in another country and spend billions of dollars and have Americans die for it? this is ignoring the fact that this is what invading Iraq has become about when it initially was about 9/11...but that's another journey Conan