View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACFAN
Christine should have stayed away because an album of her alone would have been way better than the piece of **** Time is.
Again, she was the only singer/songwriter who was involved with the project from the very beginning, so it makes no sense for her to have stayed away. As for an album of her alone, well that isn't Fleetwood Mac! Fleetwood Mac has never only had one singer. Why start going down that road 28 years later? And most folks who follow the band somewhat closely weren't shocked that Bekka Bramlett ended up in the group. Actually, I suspected from a conversation I had with Mick the one time I met him that Dave Mason would end up in the band. In any event, there are some really good songs on "Time," and honestly, I could find six songs on "Time" that I'd enjoy listening to, which is one more than I get with "Penguin." Let's face it, the band is at it's best with three songwriters. Two isn't enough, four is overkill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACFAN
Sad part is Dave Mason has done some great work, just not with Fleetwood Mac.
As somebody who has all of his solo albums and his work with Traffic (check out the discography section), I completely agree. I was very disappointed in his "Time" stuff, although I do like the toned-down 1994 version of "Blow By Blow."

THE Stephen Hopkins