View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I bought it the day it came out, and I still listen to it a few times a year. At the time, I really loved the album, though in retrospect, some if it is disappointing. What I don't like about the album are Dave's songs and the whole different personnel on different songs with different producers thing. I had certain hopes for Dave's songs that just didn't pan out. His stuff was a little too one dimensional. I also feel that Christine had too many songs, while the boys had too few. Bekka, just right.

That being said, the Bekka and Billy stuff was great and I enjoyed most of Christine's songs. And, Mick's lead work on "These Strange Times" was quite good, in a David Gilmore kind of way.

Overall, I'll agree that it wasn't the band's best effort, but it's nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be. And, I don't feel the sales indicate quality. Lindsey's masterpiece "Out Of The Cradle" sold about the same number of copies. As I've pointed out before, "Time," "Street Angel," and OOTC combined sold less than half a million, so it's not like any of them were setting the world on fire.

THE Stephen Hopkins