View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default why is no one posting?

I guess sequels are hard to do...

Anyway, Mick Fleetwood has joined the Ledge under the name... brown_eyes. He couldn't think of anything else

5:10 pm-Mick has been voting for himself on the survivor threads, even if he isn't on the list.

5:12 pm-Lindsey notices Rick is outside so now he gets the TV. The show Vh1 live requests is on. Someone requests Trouble. His face lights up. Then, just when the video starts, the TV goes out. There is yelling outside. Lindsey goes to check it out.

5:13 pm-Danny and Peter have been yelling at the roof. Turns out Christine is on it. She dismantled the satellite and is saying something incoherant about wanting to fly into space with the satellite. John rushes out with a ladder. "Chris, I'm coming for you!"

5:16 pm-John manages to get onto the roof, even if the ladder wasn't tall enough. Christine throws the satellite, thankfully missing John, and it ends up in the jacuzzi. John subdues her and calms her down. He carries her down the ladder, safely.

5:24 pm-Stevie decides to make dinner now that Christine is unable to. Let's see how that goes...

7:40 pm-All has been quiet in the house except the kitchen. Stevie has made an Indian dinner. Well, actually she tried to make saffron rice with chicken vindaloo but ended up using Bombay Saphire as her main, actually only, ingredient because she confused the words saffron and saphire. The others gather to eat this mush of Bombay Saphire rice. Bekka gets sick from it and pukes.

8:01 pm-After her 3rd or 4th puke, Bekka comes into Lindsey's room crying. "That damn witch. She tried to kill me. Oh Lindsey, I fear the worst for us". She starts crying into Lindsey's shoulder. Lindsey tries to gently shrug her off but to no avail. She says, "Is it wrong to love a man that she's given up". He mutters "It's wrong to commit adultery". She starts to unbutton his shirt. They're braced to do some serious smooching when the thump of platform boots are heard. Uh oh...

8:02 pm-Stevie enters the room. Only Lindsey is in the room. Bekka hid under the bed. Stevie and Linds go on to talk about obscure things that only potheads can understand.

8:45 pm-Mick has been browsing all the Q and A's on The Penguin he reaches John's. He reaches a question posed by someone named Maya. It's about being too old for Fleetwood Mac. It says at the end "After all, it would be ridiculous to see you on stage with walkers, false teeth and the usual old age apparatus". He gets angry like Lindsey Buckingham usually does. He then goes on with a mad rant, shouting throughout the house. "Fleetwood Mac is never old. We will never ever reach the walker phase and even if we do, we will truck on like old days. We'll never falter. LONG LIVE THE MAC!!!!".

8:47 pm-John shouts from his room, "You read the walker question, did you?".

9:24 pm-John has been in his room, thinking about an escape plan for Christine. He draws it out on a piece of paper for her. He goes to her room to help her out. "John, I'm sorry for the things I said" she says. He doesn't care. All he cares about is her sanity. They discuss the plan. They set the escape time at midnight

9:30 pm-With all their senses numbed from the Bombay Saphire meal, everyone except Mick calls it a day and goes to bed.

9:35 pm-Mick now joins a board called the Legboard. Same name. He also joins Burnish.net, but discovers no one posts there anymore. Finally, Mick gets tired and decides to go to bed. He is very impressed with how The Penguin is layed out. Maybe he'll take a hint and use it for his fanclub site.

12:00-Escape time for Christine. The McVies sneak out of the house. With some rope, she scales the fence and gets out to safety. The escape goes fine, but later...

12:03 am-Rick has sleepwalked into the backyard. Suddenly he starts to sleep-Cato after John. John manages to avoid him and goes back to his room unscathed. The others wake up to Rick's noise making but John is in bed.

12:12 am-Rick is woken up and taken back to his room by his bodyguard. All go back to sleep.

to be continued...
The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "