Thread: Advice, Please?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My bit of advice would be to put yourself in her shoes. How would you feel about her if she dated one of your old flames? If you think you could manage, then go for it. But if you think you'd have a problem with the relationship, then I'd seriously have a heart to heart with yourself over this one. Without knowing you or knowing her, or the nature of your relationship, it's really hard for people who really don't know you to give you good advice.

Personally, I've always had a hands-off policy regarding a friend's old flame if that friend is someone whom I'm very close. But that's me. I don't think you'd be wrong to go for it, but be prepared to lose a longtime friend. And really, my own experience is that longtime friendships tend to end once one of the friends gets married. I've stopped being close to at least three of my close friends after they got married. They're in a different place than I, so it's just natural that we'd drift apart. So, if she gets married, there's no guarantee that you and she would be close in the future anyway.

THE Stephen Hopkins